Friday 13 January 2017

Sending Love decorated notebook - video tutorial

Hi there everyone,

As my business gradually gets off the ground, I have been thinking of ways to say "thank you" to any customers who have shopped with me so far. As you know, the monthly shopping code means that anyone who purchases from me during the month (and who uses the code) will receive a gift from me, in the post, the following month. This gift will be something from the current catalogue - maybe a reel of ribbon, a pack of patterned paper, some embellishments etc. But I also like to include a little personal thank you from me in the form of a thank you card (of course) and a little treat. Over the last couple of days I've been busily preparing these notebooks to go out in February, although I've also sent some of these out with new catalogues.




These are little jotter notebooks which I have re-covered and decorated to make them a little bit more special. I was inspired to take some fairly ordinary little notebooks and use the magic of Stampin' Up! to turn them into something special by Sam Hammond (Pootles) - once you've learned how to create a cardstock cover for these notebooks to replace the original, the possibilities for decoration are endless. I followed Sam's tutorial to cover mine but then used my own inspiration to decorate and embellish them.




Two things I really love about this little project. The first is how simple but stylish these are. The other is that it gave me the chance to use up some tiny scraps of whisper white and real red cardstock to die-cut the letters. I am a thrifty crafter at heart!!

 I have made a short video tutorial showing how I made these little covered notebooks. I hope you'll take a look and maybe be inspired to try the project for yourself. If you enjoy the video, and would like to see more projects from me, please subscribe to my channel so that you don't miss anything!



As I say in the video, the purchase of the Large Letter Framelit dies would take you almost to the amount you need to spend to earn TWO free Sale-a-Bration items. I really think they are such a good buy. £89 for the set is a lot of money, but they will be used again and again, for years to come, I am sure.

Do pop back tomorrow as I will be be taking part in my first ever blog hop, with other members of the Pootles team - everyone has come up with some fantastic projects to inspire you. 

And don't forget to use this month's shopping code - you may receive one of these notebooks in your thank you package!

 See you tomorrow!

Jill

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment