Thursday 4 May 2017

Pootler's design team - week 1 - Butterfly Basics




Hello everyone,

Oh, how exciting! I have been chosen to be a member of the Pootler's design team for May. Today is the first blogpost for the month and so I thought I'd include here a little bit of info about myself:



"I’m a fifty something mother of three and ex-primary school special needs teacher.  I’ve been a Stampin Up demo for nearly a year now and am so enjoying being part of this fabulous team.

I’ve always loved crafting and have dabbled in lots of different crafts but it was whilst I was on maternity leave, before the birth of my first child, Jess (who is now 23!), that I discovered paper crafting and more specifically card making. My crafting was put on a back burner whilst I focused on bringing up three children, but eventually, over the years, I found time to set up two successful shops online selling handmade cards. I still run these today – you’ll find me if you search my name and my online identity – “Paper Daisy”.

About three years ago I stumbled upon Stampin Up, and the rest, as they say, is history. I love all the products, the quality, the co-ordination. And I love being able to get a discount on the products. But more than that I love the fun, friendship, support and encouragement I have found by being part of the Stampin Up family and particularly part of the Pootlers team.

My paper crafting style is very much clean and simple, as you’ll see from my designs for the Design Team. Nothing pleases me more than seeing lots of white space and clean lines on a card. I hope you enjoy my creations as much as I did creating them."

The stamp set we are using this month is "Butterfly Basics" - a beautiful eclectic set of stamps with so many different elements it was difficult to know where to start.
Butterfly Basics Stampin' Up!

 I used the larger butterfly stamp with the very pretty lace effect. And can you spot, I've used two of the new 2017-19 In Colors? The pale pink is a new colour called "Powder Pink" and the darkest butterfly is "Berry Burst". I think they look great combined with Sweet Sugarplum, don't you?

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics

Hope you enjoyed seeing this project and all the other fabulous creations by the other design team members.

 Back next week with another creation!

 Jill

As always, I'd be delighted to welcome you as a customer. If you'd like to receive an extra thank you gift from me in the mail next month, please remember to use this month's shopping code, when you order:  


JF3B2R9Y
Product List

4 comments:

  1. Georgeous card Jill! I might have to case it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica. Feel free - CASE away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jill, I really love your clean and simple style.

    ReplyDelete